- Hughie Fury Takes His Record to 6-0
- Nathan Cleverly Lined up for August Fight in Cardiff
- Scott Quigg Signs with Matchroom
- Selby to Face Unbeaten Simion in Hull
- Billy Joe Saunders vs John Ryder Set for September 21
- Tyson Fury: ‘Haye disrespected me when I was a Kid’
- DeGale Bashes Bozic Now Ready to Terminate Froch
- Afolabi Comes up Short Against Huck
- Andrew Selby Makes British Boxing History
- Limond Retains His Belt Against Prince in Small Hall Classic
Best British Boxers Pound for Pound of All Time?
Who is the Greatest British Boxer Pound for Pound of all time?
Every 10 years or so there is always another boxer or three, pushing to break into the elite list of their predecessors.
There are many things to take into account when trying to choose just one, and as a boxing fan it is near impossible to single one out. Era’s and quality of opposition are a telling factor in any initial thought processes, swiftly followed by level the boxer campaigned at and ultimately world title achievements.
The whole debate of who was THE best of all time has been disgusted and argued about since the game began to form it’s history and eventually always seems to boil down to a matter of opinion and personal choice. Debates will continue to go on for many a year and will continue to do so while boxing exists.
The best fighters could depend and be judged on… for instance
- Achievements: ie: Lennox Lewis
- Record and opponents: ie: Ted Kid Lewis
- Skills and ring Craft: ie: Jimmy Wilde
- Excitement and KO Power: ie: Nigel Benn
- Entertainment: ie: Prince Naseem Hamed