- Alexander v Purdy Press Conference Quotes and Video
- Nav gets new opponent for Friday’s English title fight
- Rendall Munroe scores 1st round KO in comeback fight
- ‘Kilrain’ Kelly Dedicates Belt to his late Mother
- Jamie McDonnell is the New IBF World Bantamweight Champion
- Denton Vassell: ‘I’ll show you magic and greatness against Frankie Gavin’
- Dereck Chisora to fight Deontay Wilder at Wembley Arena June 15
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr wants Martin Murray in Mexico
- Lee Haskins The New British Bantamweight Champion
- Murray drops Martinez twice but loses on points in Argentina
Steve Williams: ‘Im ready for the best Karl Place, this is a must win fight’
1st December 2011
work on mistakes made during the fight. I have been working on certain
things and feel more than ready for another shot.” Williams told BritishBoxers.
disappointing to be pulled out of the fight with two rounds remaining as I had a fair bit of energy left and would have finished the fight
strong but the two cuts above the right eye were getting worse and my
manager decided to pull me out save risking the cuts worsening and re
opening in later fights.
“I have watched a few of Karl Place
fights and he has looked good but I don’t really look into them too much
as the people he has fought have been on the back foot from the opening
bell. That wont be the case when he fights me so its all about seeing
what hes like on the night and listening to my corner. I’m confident of
winning. Training has gone great.
“I feel I’ve learnt alot from
the Daws fight, it was early in my career and its good to have that
under my belt going into another big fight.
“This is a must win
fight for me, as you say on paper its a 50/50 fight and with him being
labelled as one to watch in 2011 its a fight I’m really looking forward
to. A win will get me noticed and get me another title shot. I have
prepared for 10 hard rounds in preparation, that has included 42 rounds
sparring with John Murray for his upcoming world title fight. I’m ready
for the best Karl Place.
“This should be a great fight. Karl from
what I’ve seen is a come forward aggressive fighter like myself so its
got all the ingredients to be exciting for the fans. If he opts to box
then I’ve prepared for that also
“I Would like to say a big thanks
to the people who support me and who have bought tickets for the fight
and also to my sponsor who has provided my supplements for the fight
(bodyfuel.co.uk) and to everyone else watching at home on tv I will give it
my all on Saturday and hopefully it will be a good entertaining fight.