- Alexander v Purdy Press Conference Quotes and Video
- Nav gets new opponent for Friday’s English title fight
- Rendall Munroe scores 1st round KO in comeback fight
- ‘Kilrain’ Kelly Dedicates Belt to his late Mother
- Jamie McDonnell is the New IBF World Bantamweight Champion
- Denton Vassell: ‘I’ll show you magic and greatness against Frankie Gavin’
- Dereck Chisora to fight Deontay Wilder at Wembley Arena June 15
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr wants Martin Murray in Mexico
- Lee Haskins The New British Bantamweight Champion
- Murray drops Martinez twice but loses on points in Argentina
Gary Sykes to fight Adrien Broner in Las Vegas May 19
Gary Sykes the former British super-featherweight champion has been offered a fight with world number one Adrien Broner in Las Vegas on the undercard of Khan v Peterson II May 19 at the Mandalay Bay.
The 28-year-old from Dewsbury is coming off a defeat to Gary Buckland in one of the fights of 2011, when he lost his Lonsdale belt to the Welshman on points. But he gets this unexpected chance against the undefeated WBO World champion Broner, although the champions belt will not be on the line in this 10 round scheduled bout.
Broner is being touted as the next big superstar of American boxing and is being likened to a young Floyd Mayweather Jr. He is regarded as the best super featherweight in the world and Sykes will start as a massive underdog and classed as cannon fodder for Broner. But the quiet unassuming Yorkshire lad knows this is a massive opportunity to shock the boxing world and the chance of a lifetime, a golden ticket he plans to make the most of. “I have never gone into the ring thinking I’m going to lose and I never will, even against the World number one.”
To fight on a massive Las Vegas bill will be a career high for Sykes, a win against the champion would be beyond his wildest dreams and everybody else’s and probably beyond the call of duty. But with nothing to lose Sykes has it all to gain and will be in his best shape ever.
Sykes has always had that sparkling star quality about him and lights up a boxing hall whenever he steps foot in the ring, the bright lights favour him. In Las Vegas he will be starring under the brightest boxing lights of all, with tassels And ive no doubt Gary will revel in it, will he win? He will give it a good go! TBC..