- Anthony Joshua secures first title shot
- Lee Selby set for tough IBF world title final eliminator
- Johnny Nelson says he could topple Marco Huck after six months of training – ‘The General’ Vs. ‘The Kapt’n’
- Over 2000 fans will follow Smith to Germany as he takes on ‘King Arthur’
- Brizuela and Katsidis the next big tests for Hull’s Campbell and Coyle
Liam Smith vs Ronnie Heffron is pushed back
Liverpool’s Smith, 9-0-1 (4), had hoped to prove his championship mettle
against Oldham’s Heffron, 9-0 (5), but the 23-year-old will now have to wait a
few more weeks as Heffron, 21, seeks to deal wih his injury and get back into
serious training ahead of the clash of undefeated prospects.
The fight was to be part of BoxNation’s new BoxAcademy format, which is the brainchild of George and Francis Warren’s Queensberry Promotions, and was to take place at Oldham’s Sports Centre. The two fighters now face a short wait to see who will earn the right to challenge the winner of Colin Lynes’s British title defence against Junior Witter at Hillsborough Leisure Centre on May 12.
Please send news and views to firstname.lastname@example.org or Twitter @Terryboxing. -
Courtesy of Rick Reeno and www.boxingscene.com