- Alexander v Purdy Press Conference Quotes and VideoPosted 5 days ago
- Nav gets new opponent for Friday’s English title fightPosted 6 days ago
- Rendall Munroe scores 1st round KO in comeback fightPosted 7 days ago
- ‘Kilrain’ Kelly Dedicates Belt to his late MotherPosted 8 days ago
- Jamie McDonnell is the New IBF World Bantamweight ChampionPosted 8 days ago
- Denton Vassell: ‘I’ll show you magic and greatness against Frankie Gavin’Posted 11 days ago
- Dereck Chisora to fight Deontay Wilder at Wembley Arena June 15Posted 11 days ago
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr wants Martin Murray in MexicoPosted 11 days ago
- Lee Haskins The New British Bantamweight ChampionPosted 21 days ago
- Murray drops Martinez twice but loses on points in ArgentinaPosted 22 days ago
Stephen Smith returns home to defend title at the Olympia
18th April 2012
to his home city on Friday 11th May to headline the Olympia, live on
BoxNation (Sky Ch. 456/Virgin Ch. 546).
track for a rematch with Lee Selby who inflicted the first loss on his
record last September to take the Scouser’s British and Commonwealth
titles in one of the biggest domestic upsets of last year.
first round wins over Arpad Vass in February and Ben Jones last month to
win the title and he’ll be keeping an eye on rival Selby who defends
his titles two weeks later in Newport.
looking to make it a hat-trick of first rounders against Urena who has
never been stopped in 21 fights.
returning to Liverpool to fight in front of my loyal home fans again and
give them a good performance to show that I’m back to my best,”
challenger, but I haven’t seen too much of him yet, from what I’ve heard
he likes to come forward which will play into my hands,”
the first round, like the last two have gone, but I don’t go in looking
to end things early it’s just the way things have worked out and if I
see an opening I go for it,”
Selby again to have the chance to reclaim my titles and to put things
right and I know I’ll get him down the line,”
unbeaten super-middleweight Rocky Fielding in an eight-rounder; unbeaten
light-middleweight prospect Joe Selkirk; Ellesmere Port super-flyweight
Paul Butler, plus Liverpool’s Andy Coulqhoun and Lyndon Newman.
and £60 and are available from Frank Warren Promotions on 01992 550 888
and Olympia Box Office on 0151 263 6633.