- Anthony Crolla v John Murray – BIG FIGHT SPECIAL
- Khan wins poll but Mayweather still confirms he will fight Maidana in May
- Chris Eubank Jnr. Joins BoxNation fights Saturday
- Anthony Ogogo added to Burns-Crawford in Glasgow
- FROCH-GROVES II – BIG FIGHT SPECIAL
- Amir Khan: “I am going to beat him with skills”
- LIVE Updates from Ringside: Chisora-Fury at the Copper Box
- Freddie Roach says ‘The Hammer’ has the skills and heart to go all the way
- VIDEO: BOXING UPDATE: Froch-Groves II is ON! Murray replaces Crolla, Stalker returns…
- It’s ON! Froch-Groves II signed for May
Billy Joe Saunders to defend title against Bradley Pryce June 1
8th May 2012
The fight will be televised live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 456/Virgin Ch. 546).
Heavy-handed Saunders blew away Tony Hill in only 30 seconds earlier this month at the Royal Albert Hall in the first fight to be held at the London landmark in 13 years.
Saunders, 22, followed in the footsteps of his hero Nigel Benn who destroyed American Leon Morris nearly 25 years early in the same venue and slightly faster at just 25 seconds.
Tough Welshman Pryce, a former Commonwealth champion at light-middleweight, has pulled off some upsets in his time and will be looking to derail the flash young star making his first title defence.
The Hatfield southpaw said, “I made a big impact with my performance against Tony Hill at the Royal Albert Hall and I’m happy to be out in action again so soon and this time headlining London’s other famous fight hall – the York Hall,”
“I had a first round stoppage against Tommy Tolan before Hill as well and I’m not expecting Pryce to go as quick, but with the way I’m punching at the moment who knows?”
“He’s a hard fighter and has had over twice as many fights as me against a lot of the top men in Britain around the weight so this is without a doubt my toughest fight yet.”
Saunders’ promoter Frank Warren added, “Billy surprised everyone with his speed and power and how quick he stopped Tony Hill last time out, even me. Pryce is very tough and has some good wins on his record so Billy will have to be on the ball against him.”
The card will also feature Liverpool super-featherweight Stephen Smith, plus fast-rising unbeaten super-middleweight Frank Buglioni from Enfield.
The rest of the show will feature Wembley light-welterweight Gary Corcoran; 2011 ABA Champion John Dignum from Bowers Gifford; super-featherweight Mitchell Smith; the professional debut of middleweight Tom Baker and Erith featherweight Lewis Pettitt.Tickets priced at £40 and £60 are available from Frank Warren Promotions Box Office on 01992 550 888 or online at www.frankwarren.tv and at Ticketmaster on 0844 844 0444 or online at www.ticketmaster.com