- Terry ‘Turbo’ Flanagan is the New British Lightweight Champion
- Results: Wins for Saunders, Smith, Flanagan, Williams and Eubank Jnr.
- Smith vs Welborn becomes a grudge match both with plenty to prove
- Tyson Fury withdraws from tonight’s fight with Ustinov
- Britain’s Courtney Fry to face legend Roy Jones Jr in Latvia tomorrow night
David Haye v Dereck Chisora Promo Video but will they fight in July?
6th May 2012
It is now common knowledge what happened in the aftermath of the Presser brawl, Chisora had his boxing licence suspended indefinitely by the BBBofC and Haye who had already handed back his licence after officially retiring in October last year, is yet to face any backlash from the unfortunate episode.
The Munich Police department are currently investigating and have contacted all peoples who were present on that night in Munich. They are in the process of building a case and if the pair fight or not, they will have to answer to the German authorities at some point.
If the fight is announced, and it isn’t the foregone conclusion many think, It is almost impossible that the British Boxing Board of Control will bow down and grant Chisora his licence without anytime for him to convince them that he deserves it back. Of course Chisoira could argue that by taking his licence away then you also take away his means to make a living and under certain European laws, DelBoy would have a case. He can apply for his licence back, in June, but that would put any fight in the balance, as it isn’t certain they would grant it him anyway.
Do YOU want to see David Haye vs Dereck Chisora? – Please comment below!