- Pat Barrett reflects on his maiden ‘Black Flash’ show in Manchester
- Ringside Report from Middleton: Wins for Barrett, Ryan, Newell, Cartwright and Hussain
- Wins for Butler, Mathews, Catterall, Satchell, Eubank Jr and Smith in Liverpool
- Black Flash Promotions Arrives! – Full Fight Night Video from BBTV LIVE
- Pat Barrett’s Boxing Show going out LIVE on BBTV
Khan v Peterson OFF and Sykes Broner fight cancelled
10th May 2012
|Khan cant believe it! rematch with Peterson Cancelled|
Amir Khan’s May 19th rematch fight against Lamont Peterson for the IBF and WBA light-welterweight titles scheduled for Las Vegas is OFF!
But Khan is expected to fight a replacement opponent on June 30th for the titles.
Peterson had abnormally high levels of a banned steroid in two urine samples after random drug tests and so stopped the fight from taking place.
The American’s legal team tried desperately to explain why the tests came back positive, but it couldn’t be explained away and the champion who defeated Khan last year to win the belts is expected to be stripped of the WBA and IBF titles and his boxing license.
Team Khan felt it was too late to find a replacement opponent and fight Broadcasters HBO would not sanction a low-profile replacement who would struggle to attract pay-per-view customers.
Khan confirmed the bad news on his Twitter account this evening.
“The fight is off! sorry everyone the only person to blame is Lamont Peterson I’ll be looking for a opponent to fight June 30th” said Khan on his official Twitter page.
Spare a thought for Gary Sykes!