- Alexander v Purdy Press Conference Quotes and VideoPosted 3 days ago
- Nav gets new opponent for Friday’s English title fightPosted 5 days ago
- Rendall Munroe scores 1st round KO in comeback fightPosted 6 days ago
- ‘Kilrain’ Kelly Dedicates Belt to his late MotherPosted 6 days ago
- Jamie McDonnell is the New IBF World Bantamweight ChampionPosted 6 days ago
- Denton Vassell: ‘I’ll show you magic and greatness against Frankie Gavin’Posted 9 days ago
- Dereck Chisora to fight Deontay Wilder at Wembley Arena June 15Posted 10 days ago
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr wants Martin Murray in MexicoPosted 10 days ago
- Lee Haskins The New British Bantamweight ChampionPosted 20 days ago
- Murray drops Martinez twice but loses on points in ArgentinaPosted 20 days ago
Frankie Gavin will not feature at Upton Park
Birmingham’s Frankie Gavin will not appear on the undercard of David Haye versus Dereck Chisora on July 14 as he has decided, with the blessing of FWP Ltd., to focus his attention on securing a British welterweight title fight against current incumbent Junior Witter. Gavin, 13-0 (10), had bee pencilled in for the controversial Luxembourg Boxing Federation sanctioned show yet will now wait for a crack at Witter’s Lonsdale title.
There were recent rumours of a bout between Gavin and former training stablemate Ronnie Heffron. However, the 26-year-old World Amateur Champion has opted to bide his time in the hope of enticing Witter into a tussle for the switch-hitter’s crown, which he won by decisioning Colin Lynes in Sheffield last month.
Please send news and views to firstname.lastname@example.org or Twitter @Terryboxing.