- Alexander v Purdy Press Conference Quotes and VideoPosted 4 days ago
- Nav gets new opponent for Friday’s English title fightPosted 6 days ago
- Rendall Munroe scores 1st round KO in comeback fightPosted 7 days ago
- ‘Kilrain’ Kelly Dedicates Belt to his late MotherPosted 7 days ago
- Jamie McDonnell is the New IBF World Bantamweight ChampionPosted 7 days ago
- Denton Vassell: ‘I’ll show you magic and greatness against Frankie Gavin’Posted 10 days ago
- Dereck Chisora to fight Deontay Wilder at Wembley Arena June 15Posted 11 days ago
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr wants Martin Murray in MexicoPosted 11 days ago
- Lee Haskins The New British Bantamweight ChampionPosted 21 days ago
- Murray drops Martinez twice but loses on points in ArgentinaPosted 21 days ago
Carl Froch helps Team GB’s boxing hopes says McCracken
28th July 2012
Froch has spent time alongside McCracken putting the home nation’s ten boxing hopes through their paces ahead of London 2012.
With Froch eyeing a return to the ring in November, and also facing a Bute rematch, he has taken time out of his busy schedule to take in plenty of boxing at London’s ExCeL.
“He trains with the squad, he joins in some sessions and he spars with some of them,” McCracken revealed to us.
“It is great for his speed and tempo, and it is great for them to do three or four rounds with them, he gets them to where they need to get.
“He has rubbed off on them a lot and I think they have rubbed off on him in some ways as well.
“I know he is coming down to London and he is really keen to see them do well because a lot of them are his friends as well, and hopefully they can push on and get the medals they thoroughly deserve.”
By Paul Smith
partner of the London 2012 Olympic Games. Get closer to the Games at lloydstsb.com/london2012