- Alexander v Purdy Press Conference Quotes and Video
- Nav gets new opponent for Friday’s English title fight
- Rendall Munroe scores 1st round KO in comeback fight
- ‘Kilrain’ Kelly Dedicates Belt to his late Mother
- Jamie McDonnell is the New IBF World Bantamweight Champion
- Denton Vassell: ‘I’ll show you magic and greatness against Frankie Gavin’
- Dereck Chisora to fight Deontay Wilder at Wembley Arena June 15
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr wants Martin Murray in Mexico
- Lee Haskins The New British Bantamweight Champion
- Murray drops Martinez twice but loses on points in Argentina
GB Olympic Boxing Squad arrive in London this week for games
23rd July 2012
The athletes will train within the Village in the run up to the Olympics, waiting in anticipation for the draw on Friday. – The Olympic draw will take place between 2-4pm, and will set the boxers sights on their opponents in the Prelim rounds.
Prelim rounds will take place between 28 July and 5 August and will see
a total of 286 boxers, 250 men and 36 women, compete for a place in the
Quarterfinals to be in with a chance of taking home a medal for their
2012 will feature 10 men’s weight categories, from Light Fly Weight to
Super Heavy Weight. It will also feature women’s boxing as an Olympic
sport for the very first time.
boxing will feature 3 weight categories at the event, each women’s bout
will consist of four two minute rounds. The men’s bouts will take place
over three rounds of three minutes each.
GB has a total of ten boxers who qualified for the event, seven male and three female.