- Alexander v Purdy Press Conference Quotes and VideoPosted 2 days ago
- Nav gets new opponent for Friday’s English title fightPosted 4 days ago
- Rendall Munroe scores 1st round KO in comeback fightPosted 5 days ago
- ‘Kilrain’ Kelly Dedicates Belt to his late MotherPosted 5 days ago
- Jamie McDonnell is the New IBF World Bantamweight ChampionPosted 5 days ago
- Denton Vassell: ‘I’ll show you magic and greatness against Frankie Gavin’Posted 8 days ago
- Dereck Chisora to fight Deontay Wilder at Wembley Arena June 15Posted 9 days ago
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr wants Martin Murray in MexicoPosted 9 days ago
- Lee Haskins The New British Bantamweight ChampionPosted 19 days ago
- Murray drops Martinez twice but loses on points in ArgentinaPosted 19 days ago
George Groves to Headline Wembley Arena 14th September
20th July 2012
Full press conference for Frank Warren show on 14th September 2012 at
Wembley, with boxers George Groves, Billy Joe Saunders and Frank
Buglioni which took place at the Park Plaza hotel in London. July 19th
video by iFilmLdnProductions
British and Commonwealth Super-Middleweight Champion George Groves will headline the Wembley Arena on Friday 14th September.
first the Hammersmith star is US bound when he takes on tough Mexican
Francisco Sierra in San Jose, California, on Saturday 28th July in a ten
round contest which can be seen live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky
Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).
will be Groves’ second appearance in the America, his first was against
Alfredo Contreras in Las Vegas in July 2010 who he stopped in the sixth
he comes through unscathed, he could then face fierce Scottish rival
Kenny Anderson at Wembley Arena which is subject to purse offers for
Groves’ British title.
will be a bumper month on BoxNation that will also feature the
mouthwatering clash between WBO World Lightweight Champion Ricky Burns
and Kevin Mitchell.
Groves put on a sensational performance at the famous London boxing
landmark last November when he halted former British champion Paul Smith
in the second round.
was scheduled to face Anderson in March but had to withdraw because of a
back injury and then his WBO World title fight against Robert Stieglitz
in May had to be cancelled after he suffered a broken nose in sparring.
been a frustrating time with injuries, but I’m through that now and I’m
really looking forward to getting back into action,”
Wembley card will feature two further big title fights: Billy Joe
Saunders’ first defence of his Commonwealth Middleweight Championship
that he won in quick time at the Royal Albert Hall, and unbeaten
prospect Bradley Skeete goes for the first title in his career when he
takes on Chas Symonds for the Southern Area Welterweight title.
action packed undercard featuring the best in London talent with
super-middleweight Frank Buglioni continuing his meteoric rise in a four
round contest as he looks to take his record to 6-0, plus
light-welterweight Gary Corcoran and featherweight Mitchell Smith.
priced at £40, £50, £75 and £100, are available from the Wembley Arena
Box Office on 0844 815 0815 or online at www.wembleyarena.co.uk