- Frankie Gavin v Denton Vassell a Potential Classic, moved to June 28
- Alexander v Purdy Press Conference Quotes and Video
- Nav gets new opponent for Friday’s English title fight
- Rendall Munroe scores 1st round KO in comeback fight
- ‘Kilrain’ Kelly Dedicates Belt to his late Mother
- Jamie McDonnell is the New IBF World Bantamweight Champion
- Denton Vassell: ‘I’ll show you magic and greatness against Frankie Gavin’
- Dereck Chisora to fight Deontay Wilder at Wembley Arena June 15
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr wants Martin Murray in Mexico
- Lee Haskins The New British Bantamweight Champion
Kenny Anderson wins on Saturday to stay in the hunt for Groves
Edinburgh’s Kenny Anderson defeated Latvia’s Ruslans Pojonisevs over six-threes on a joint VIP Boxing/Vaughan Promotions bill at Liverpool’s Olympia venue on Saturday night. Anderson was taking part in a marking time fight ahead of the July purse bids deadline for his British super middleweight title rematch with George Groves, which the BBBoC has stated has to take place by the end of September.
The 2006 Commonwealth gold medalist was handed the short notice outing last weekend thanks to the efforts of VIP’s Steve Wood, who manages the 168lber, and Eddie Hearn, as Matchroom have a promotional understanding in place with Anderson.
The former star amateur floored Pojonisevs with a body shot in the fourth, but his 29-year-old opponent dug in to dash “The Widowmaker”s hopes of roaring to five consecutive stoppage wins.
It means Anderson is now 5-0 (4) since his November 2010 sixth-round Commonwealth title defeat to Groves and 17-1 (12) overall. Pojonisevs falls to 14-20-1 (10) courtesy of the 60-53 decision defeat.
Please send news and reviews to firstname.lastname@example.org or Twitter @Terryboxing.