- Alexander v Purdy Press Conference Quotes and Video
- Nav gets new opponent for Friday’s English title fight
- Rendall Munroe scores 1st round KO in comeback fight
- ‘Kilrain’ Kelly Dedicates Belt to his late Mother
- Jamie McDonnell is the New IBF World Bantamweight Champion
- Denton Vassell: ‘I’ll show you magic and greatness against Frankie Gavin’
- Dereck Chisora to fight Deontay Wilder at Wembley Arena June 15
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr wants Martin Murray in Mexico
- Lee Haskins The New British Bantamweight Champion
- Murray drops Martinez twice but loses on points in Argentina
Amir Khan Responds to IBF’s Lamont Peterson decision
11th August 2012
In a statement, the IBF said its decision to let Peterson keep the title, “Is based on the findings by an independent physician, who is certified in internal medicine and endocrinology, retained by the IBF to review Peterson’s medical records in relation to the information disclosed in the VADA report released this past May.”
Lamont Peterson is overwhelmed with the result of the IBF with regard to his IBF Title belt, which he won via a controversial split decision from Amir Khan on December 10.
Peterson said via this press statement, “I’m thankful, and I’m thrilled with the IBF’s decision,” when informed that the International Boxing Federation decided to allow Peterson to retain his Junior Welterweight title. Over the past few months, the Peterson camp has worked diligently to defend Lamont in the face of accusations and innuendo following the cancellation of a fight with Amir Khan.
Lamont added, “I want to thank my manager, Barry Hunter, for all of his support throughout this Ordeal. There were a lot of naysayers out there, but Barry and the rest of my team never doubted me. My team fought non-stop to ensure that I was cleared.”
Peterson is now expected to make a mandatory defence of his title against Zab Judah as soon as possible and Amir Khan will be fighting again in December, however the venue and opponent has not been announced yet.
This article has been sponsored by www.kbwcombat.co.uk KBW Combat & Fitness, Headfield Mills, Cardwell Terrace, Dewsbury, WF12 9NP Tel : 0044 (0)1924 460991 M +44(0)7851888255 this gym has “State of the art combat training facility, offering a welcoming & friendly environment.