- Alexander v Purdy Press Conference Quotes and Video
- Nav gets new opponent for Friday’s English title fight
- Rendall Munroe scores 1st round KO in comeback fight
- ‘Kilrain’ Kelly Dedicates Belt to his late Mother
- Jamie McDonnell is the New IBF World Bantamweight Champion
- Denton Vassell: ‘I’ll show you magic and greatness against Frankie Gavin’
- Dereck Chisora to fight Deontay Wilder at Wembley Arena June 15
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr wants Martin Murray in Mexico
- Lee Haskins The New British Bantamweight Champion
- Murray drops Martinez twice but loses on points in Argentina
VIDEO: Interview with Luke Campbell on his Gold Medal victory
13th August 2012
Luke, 24, the pride of his own city Hull also captured the hearts of the British public with his down-to-earth and likeable nature, and is still trying to find the words to explain what his victory means and admits he is speechless with the fantastic support he has had.
“I’m overwhelmed by it all, it seems a bit of a blur,” he said. “It’s everything I’ve ever worked for. I’ve achieved my goal, I’m speechless.
“It’s a moment I’ve dreamed about most of my life, daydreamed about, visualised. All the hard work and dedication was all for the Olympic Games, and to achieve a gold medal is fantastic, the best of the best.
“The support I’ve had is just fantastic – from Great Britain and from my home town, Hull. There is brilliant support there. I’m so, so happy.”