- Lee Selby to face Rendall Munroe with British and European titles on the line
- Froch-Groves fall out.. Bellew’s Big shot.. and Rock The Box II.. by Paul Ready
- Cleverly forced to withdraw from Saturdays title fight
- Froch recalls sparring Groves: ‘I flattened him with a right hand and he was gone’
- Frankie Gavin to defend his Commonwealth title on Dec 21
- DeGale puts on a slick display to defeat Davis
- Jack Arnfield makes it 17-0 and looks towards British title shot at middleweight
- Maccarinelli to defend Commonwealth title against Fry at the Echo
- Sprott wins Prizefighter trophy for the second time
- Anthony Joshua gets 3rd pro win
Jimmy ‘Kilrain’ Kelly heads a busy March for VIP Boxing Promotions
By britishboxers on January 29, 2013
29th January 2013
Boxing fans in the North West are set for a mega-March after the announcement of VIP Promotions’ next three shows.
On March 1, popular light-middleweight Jimmy ‘Kilrain’ Kelly (pic right) will look to get to 6-0 when he headlines at his hometown’s Wythenshawe Forum.
Joining Jimmy will be his great friend, debutant Kofi Yates, another Wythenshawe fighter, with the duo promising to pack the venue out with supporters. Southport cruiserweight Mike Stafford, coming off the back of a first round KO last time out, will also appear as he continues in his quest for a British title shot.
Blackpool’s 15-fight undefeated Jack Arnfield, who also notched an opening round stoppage in his last outing, will headline in his first title fight at Bolton’s Reebok Stadium on March 9, taking on Shepperton’s Gary Boulden. Appearing alongside Jack will be Middleton’s Warren ‘Rocky’ Tansey and Liverpool’s Ryan Farrag, who form part of a 14-bout card packed with local fighters.
Leeds’ Josh Warrington is set for a huge night on March 22 when he makes the first defence of his English featherweight crown against Jamie Speight in his home city’s Town Hall. Scarborough cruiserweight Danny Price and Hull’s Tommy ‘Boom Boom’ Coyle will also appear, on what will undoubtedly be a memorable evening for Yorkshire boxing. This show will also be televised by Loaded TV.
“2012 really was a great year for us,” stated promoter Steve Wood. “From our stable we produced European, British and English champions, and put on some fantastic cards.
“I’m really excited by these March shows. They make a great start to the season for VIP, because we have a lot of quality boxers and need to give them opportunities to become champions.
“At VIP we’re aiming to build on our success and go even further in 2013. The aim is to continue to produce exciting fighters, more champions, and give fans value for their money.”
Full details of all the cards will be announced over the coming days.
Tickets can be purchased from www.vipbe.co.uk or direct from all boxers.
Keep updated on VIP Promotions’ news by visiting www.vipboxing.com or follow on Twitter @vipboxing Currently, you can also watch free fights at www.vipboxing.tv and on the VIP Promotions YouTube Channel.
Follow us on Twitter @britishboxers