- Josh Warrington: ‘I’ll bring Euro glory to Leeds’
- Antonio Counihan: ‘I’m Going To Put On A Great Performance For the Fans’
- Southpaw’s Tom Stalker and Jack Catterall clash for the WBO European title
- Paul Smith controversially defeated in Germany – Report and Reaction
- Paul Smith the victim of disgraceful world title scoring against Arthur Abraham
Anthony Joshua secures first title shot
Anthony Joshua MBE fights for his first title when he faces Denis Bakhtov for the WBC International Heavyweight title, live on Sky Sports on a packed card at the The O2 in the capital on October 11, named ‘The Moment of Truth’ which includes Lee Selby’s world title final eliminator.
Joshua returns to the venue he made his pro debut to take on the Russian who is a two-time holder of the title who most recently claimed an eight-round win over Konstantin Airich who Joshua faces at the Phones 4u Arena in Manchester on September 13, live on Sky Sports.
“I believe that the time is right for Anthony to step up and fight for his first title,” said Hearn. “He has an important clash with Airich in Manchester in September, and when he comes through that, he will be ready to face Bakhtov in what promises to be a cracking contest.”