Eddie Hearn has told Kugan Cassius of iFL that Saturday night’s British heavyweight title showdown between holder Dillian Whyte and former titlist Dereck Chisora will go ahead as planned despite today’s fracas at the press conference. They are due to meet at the Manchester Arena on Sky Sports Box Office in a bout that has become a genuine grudge match.

As previously reported, Chisora threw a table at Whyte after what he perceived to be an insinuation that their battle would continue in real life once the dust has settled on the bout.

There were fears that the fight might get spiked, but Hearn told Cassius that: “We just have to get them in the ring, we might have to weigh them in separate venues.”

“No,” he answered when asked if the fight is at risk. “I spoke to Robert [Smith of the BBBoC] and said: ‘Look, we just have to put some precautions in now’. They’re not around each other at all until they get into the ring on Saturday night.”

You can watch the video by clicking on this link.