Have you ever wanted to spend time on a quiet peaceful island?… Then Jinack Island could be what you’re looking for!
Jinack Lodge is an eco-friendly holiday destination, a perfect island retreat situated on the beautiful beach of Jinack Island, or as locals call it ‘Paradise Island’ or ‘Coconut Island… Experience a truly beautiful part of Gambia!
Day trips, over night stays and long stays welcome.
Jinack Lodge is the perfect holiday retreat
Jinack Lodge is unique in that it has been built and will be run completely in partnership with the people of Jinack island helping to sustain an income that will go back to the people of Jinack, and help to assist other existing establishments such as, the village school and clinic. We feel that Jinack Lodge will be small enough that it won’t jeopardise the beauty and peace of Jinack Island but hopefully large enough that it will make a steady and sustainable income that will be fed back into the community.
Jinack Lodge – Eco-tourist holiday
Jinack Lodge is unique, that it has been built and is run in partnership with the people of Jinack Island, hopefully sustaining an income that will go back to the people of Jinack, whilst helping other projects including the village school and clinic. We feel that the Jinack Lodge will be small enough that it wont jeopardies the beauty and peace of Jinack Island but large enough that it can make a steady and sustainable income that can be fed back into the community. The perfect eco tourist holiday
The Lodges & Reception Bar / Restaurant
- The site consists of 4 purpose built single & double bed en-suite lodges, each equip with toilet, shower, and utility area.
- The large reception area (18 meters square) consist of bar, restaurant, craft shop, office, bandstand, toilets, and is surrounded by a large outside terrace with a view to the sea.
- We have several hammocks and plenty of sun loungers, which you can place in one of our many meditative / relaxation areas located around the site.
- We often invite the local musicians to play in the evening, while you relax by candle light with a cold drink to the music and the sound of crickets and crashing waves.
- There are no purpose built roads on Jinack Island; donkey and cart, bike or on foot being the usual means of travel. We use solar power to run resources and our site has it’s own fruit and vegetable gardens, rice fields and coconut trees and drinking water runs from our own purpose-built well. Fresh fish is caught daily on the beach and cooked that evening on the outdoor barbeque. All other drinks, produce and necessities are sourced locally benefiting the island.
- Although Jinack Island has no electricity supply, the lodge is partly solar powered; for example, the water supply has a solar powered pump and we have small solar panels with which you can charge your mobile phones, cameras etc… Our aim is to be able to run all site resources from sustainable wind/solar energy which we will be gradually installing over the next year or two.
The staff at Jinack Lodge will welcome you with a smile and with the warmth of Gambia and will do all they can to make your stay with us a holiday experience that will last forever
Have you ever wanted to spend time on a tranquil island retreat?
…have miles and miles of untouched beach for yourself?
Have you ever wanted to find a place where you can feel totally at peace with life and your surroundings?
A place where tranquility and spirituality run through your veins as soon as you set foot there?
A place where there are no roads and the only means of transport is donkey and cart?
A place where everyone you meet is genuinely warm, welcoming and seems to be at peace with themselves?
Where you never have to look over your shoulder?
Where you feel totally safe and at ease with life and able to feel a glimpse into what it could all be about?
..then Jinack Island is for you.
- Jinack Lodge is situated on 11km of deserted sandy beaches on the beautiful island of Jinack (also known as ‘Paradise Island’ or ‘Coconut Island’) in The Gambia, West Africa.
- Jinack Island is located off the north bank of the estuary of the Gambia River, separated from the mainland by the Niji Bolon and is part of the National Park of Niumi which is a marine protected delta area and provides the perfect backdrop for this eco-friendly holiday destination.
- The Gambia is one of the smallest and safest countries in Africa, as well as being easily and cheaply accessible with many direct chartered flights from the UK and only 6 hrs flight time. It is also on the same GMT (Greewich Mean Time)
– so no jet lag!
- The village is a 20 minute donkey cart ride from the Lodge. Here you can visit the local community and their school and hospital and see how the rural way of life has remained almost unchanged by time.
The lodge is an authentic holiday destination and will definitely appeal to those of us with a taste for adventure. A place where you’re free from the hustle and bustle of tourist traps
- VISIT JINACK WEBSITE
- JINACK ISLAND
- JINACK LODGE
- JINACK PROJECTS
- PRICES & BOOK
|Uk:||+44 161 865 1339|
|Gambia:||+220 777 8935|