13th June 2011
Former Olympic bronze medalist Price 27, took his record to 11-0, 9KO’s and put himself in contention to face the winner of Dereck Chisora and Tyson Fury for the domestic titles, but first will face original opponent McDermott in a rearranged fight this autumn.
In the ‘battle of the Edwards’, (no relation) Stoke’s Chris Edwards edged local champion Paul in a great fight for the Liverpool mans British flyweight title. The champion Paul Edwards built up an early lead, but Chris got into his own rhythm from the middle rounds as he began to deal with the Liverpool mans speed to get his own shots in.
In rounds 7 and 8 Paul was visibly shook up as his more experienced name sake landed some
Both fought hard down the and in the end proved to be close with judge Victor Loughlan scoring it 115-114, for the home fighter Paul, although the other two judges Mark King and Howard Foster had it 115-113, in favor of Chris and the new British flyweight champion, who also retained his commonwealth strap in the bargain and a rematch down the line with these two warriors will be something to look forward to..
- Karl Place W PTS 6 Michael Grant – Welterweight
- Liam Vaughan W PTS 4 Andrew Patterson – Welterweight
- John Quigley W PTS 4 Steve Gethin – Lightweight
- Derry Mathews W KO1 George Walton – Light-welterweight
- Ryan Farrag W PTS 4 Marc Callaghan – Super-bantamweight
- Anthony Smith (pro debut) W KO2 Kevin Coglan – Flyweight
Details and videos of all fights will be added when available.