Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko have agreed to fight at the Manchester Arena on December 10th, but the contest has yet been confirmed, as both parties wait to find out if the WBA belt, which was recently vacated by Tyson Fury, will be on the line.

Klitschko is holding out for a decision from the governing body to see if the belt will be up for grabs, as he wants to reclaim his old WBA title while it is available.

[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]

Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn hopes the WBA will come to a quick decision this week, and the fight can be made, but Hearn says he is considering ‘alternative options’ for Joshua should the negotiations with Klitschko fall through and the fight doesn’t happen, as the Ukranian is allegedly looking at other opponents to take on for the vacant title

“The deal is there but we are awaiting sanctioning from the WBA,” Hearn told Sky Sports.

“Both teams have written to the WBA to request sanctioning of our fight, but Wladimir wants the WBA belt to be on the line so until that is approved we cannot move forward.

“We expect news in the next few days, but in the meantime I believe both sides will look at alternative options for December 10 while we hope to get the news we need to make the fight happen.”

Hearn also gave Kugan Cassius an update on the situation for iFLTV today, here’s the video recording of the phone call. – More iFLTV Videos here

[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]

No more articles

Thanks for visiting us? Please spread the word :)