What is a cookie?
A cookie is a snippet amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile device browser from a website’s server and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website or third party service provider used by the website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only allows a website or third party service provider to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites or other third party service providers.
A cookie will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the website name and some digits. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket, enhancing your browsing experience. The privacy notice we adhere to applies to the use of your information by the British Boxers Website. British Boxers may share and use the information you provide through your usage of the website or hold about you for the purposes set out below.
What a cookie does?
Stores information you’ve provided to us on our website. Regarding products and services you have ordered or enquired about from us.
Including information provided by other companies who’ve obtained your permission to share information about you, plus details about the pages you access. The information the system gathers by using cookies stored on your device are from your use of our website.
A cookie will store your IP address. An IP address is a number that identifies a specific network device on the internet and is required for your device to communicate with websites.
In addition to using your information to provide you with a better browsing experience, we may also use your information in the following ways:
For market research.
To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements; to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party.
To send you periodic newsletters about your chosen services.
To send you direct marketing. This may include communications by post, telephone or email and by SMS, about us and our business partners’ products and services, events and special offers, including, where applicable. To provide you with personalised services, such as providing you with viewing recommendations and tailored advertising. This means that we have your agreement to store information about you on the devices you use, for example to make some of the adverts you see more relevant to you.
Email Marketing / News Letters
You can opt out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in direct marketing emails from us. if you no longer want to receive them.
Personalised (including tailored advertising)
You can opt out by emailing us through the britishboxers.co.uk website. Please note that if you opt out you will not receive tailored advertising. This means you will still see the same number of adverts but they will be ones that appear as standard.
Online behavioral advertising
Contacting British Boxers
Any queries or comments about this privacy notice or for requests of copies of the information we hold about you should be sent
British Boxers has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm belief and commitment to privacy. This policy applies whether or not you choose to take a listing on British Boxers.co.uk.
The following statement details what information we obtain from you, how we use it and how we fulfil our obligations to protect your privacy. Please take the time to consider it carefully, as by using the British Boxers.co.uk site and its services you will be agreeing that you are happy for British Boxers to gather and use your information in the ways stated.
Browsing the site at British Boxers.co.uk we like to ensure that we will continue to meet the demands of our customers. To help us to understand your needs and improve the relevance of the services we offer you as an individual, we may collect anonymous information on your browsing activity while logged into British Boxers.co.uk, such as:
• IP address
• Browser type
• Access times
• Referring URL
You cannot be identified personally as a result of the information we collect while you browse the site and we mainly examine browsing activity to monitor aggregated site traffic and analyse it.
We may also provide anonymous statistics about user’s browsing activity to reputable third party vendors, but these will not include details that would allow the recipient to identify you.
In terms of the personal information you submit when placing your order with British Boxers.co.uk, this is held with the utmost commitment to your privacy. The information is stored on a secure webserver and in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998, we have added security measures in place to ensure that your personal information has adequate protection. This not only applies to your contact details but your credit/debit card details as well.
When payments are made to British Boxers.co.uk, we regard security and convenience as top priorities, this is why we use companies that are experts in these fields for all payments, Barclaycard and BT Click & Buy (from British Telecom). If you use a web based payment page to pay for your listing, the credit/debit card details you submit are encapsulated using Barclaycard’s EDPQ encrypted and digitally–signed protocol. This is done using Secure Socket Layer (SSL), the industry standard for transmitting confidential information on the web using data encryption, ensuring that the information passed on to us is secure and tamper–proof. However SSL has been designed to work with Netscape and Explorer browsers and you will need to have at least Netscape Navigator 3 or Internet Explorer 3 to take advantage of this added security.
We believe that your privacy is important and have security in place to protect it. However if this security is breeched we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Listings information submitted for display on the British Boxers.co.uk website is information for the public domain and therefore cannot be classed as private. If we request any information which could be classed as private, British Boxers will make you aware of this at the time of submission.
By submitting your listings information to British Boxers.co.uk, you give British Boxers unconditional permission to use this information regardless of any moral rights, copyright, service mark, trademark or patent laws. Further you allow British Boxers to publish, modify, edit, translate, distribute and otherwise reproduce the information in whatever format we choose.
By advertising with. BritishBoxersco.uk, you agree that you are happy for your information to be gathered and used in the ways described in this policy. However, if you change your mind about the way you have agreed your data can be used, just contact us via the British Boxers.co.uk to stop specific or all uses of your data
Terms and conditions of website use
This notice applies to the entire contents of this website under the domain name British Boxers.co.uk (“the website”). Please read the terms and conditions carefully before using this website. Please note that using this website indicates that you have accepted these terms. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not use this website.
This notice is issued by the owner of this website, British Boxers
- 1. Introduction
- By accessing any part of this website, you shall be deemed to have read and accepted the terms of this legal notice in full. If you do not accept the terms of this legal notice in full, you must leave this website immediately.
- The owner may revise this legal notice at any time by updating this posting. You should check this website from time to time to review the then current legal notice because it is binding on you. Certain provisions of this legal notice may be amended or superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this website.
- 2. Visitor material and conduct
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this website any material:
- That is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- For which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- Which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the uk or any other country in the world; or
- Which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data);
- Which injures any third party and/or their intellectual property rights.
- You may not misuse the website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
- The owner shall fully co–operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the owner to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting or transmitting any material in breach of clause 2.1 or clause 2.2 above.
- The owner shall have the right (at its absolute discretion and without obligation to provide notice of any kind) to remove and/or delete any material posted or transmitted to the website which it believes at its absolute discretion falls within the categories described in clause 2.1 above.
- 3. Copyright and permitted use
- Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in this website are owned by the owner or its licensors. Save as expressly permitted at clauses 3.2 and 3.3 below, use of extracts from this website is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in this legal notice, your permission to use this website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any extracts downloaded or printed from this website.
- Subject to the applicable terms of agreement with the owner’s licensors, you are permitted to access the website to make a copy of the results of any searches made of the website, and to use these results for non–commercial purposes provided that no such access, copying and use comprises, is preparatory to or enables any of the prohibited use detailed at clause 3.3 below.
- In using this website, you acknowledge that you are expressly prohibited from:
- Modifying the data or other material contained in the website (the “data”);
- Merging the data with any third party data;
- Selling or trading in the data;
- Using or redistributing the data for the purposes of compiling databases, lists or directories, other than as and to the extent necessary to use the data as permitted by clause 3.2;
- Issuing questionnaires, reply cards or similar to the individuals or organisations which are the subjects of the data for purposes of (including but not limited to) data capture or verification;
- Using the data as source and targeting material for any kind of telemarketing, direct marketing, viral or other electronic marketing activity on your behalf or on behalf of or for the benefit of another party.
- Service access
- While the owner endeavours to ensure that this website is normally available 24 hours a day, the owner shall not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Access to this website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the owner’s control.
- Links to and from other websites
- Links to third party websites on this website are provided solely for your convenience. Links to third party websites that are posted on this website are not the responsibility of the owner. If you use these links, you leave this website. The owner has not reviewed all of these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. The owner therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- If you would like to link to this website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this website, and subject to the following conditions:
- You do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the British Boxers.co.uk logo;
- You do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this website;
- You do not in any way imply that the owner is endorsing any products or services other than its own;
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with the owner nor present any other false information about the owner;
- You do not otherwise use any British Boxers trade marks displayed on this website without express written permission from the owner;
- You do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- Your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- The owner expressly reserves the right to revoke the right granted in clause 5.2 for breach of these terms and to take any action it deems appropriate. 4. You shall fully indemnify the owner for any loss or damage suffered by the owner for breach of clause 5.2.
- While the owner endeavours to ensure that the information and data on this website is correct, you acknowledge that the website contains third party material in addition to the owner’s own and therefore the owner does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of any material on this website nor any results obtained from this website. The owner may make changes to the material on this website at any time without notice. The material on this website may be out of date, and the owner makes no commitment to update such material.
- The material on this website is provided “as is”, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the owner provides you with this website on the basis that the owner excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this legal notice might have effect in relation to this website.
- The owner, the owner’s licensors, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this website), and any of the owner’s officers, directors, employees or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use any websites linked to this website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this website or your downloading of any material from this website or any websites linked to this website.
- Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit the owner’s liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the unfair contract terms act 1977); or
- Fraud; or
- Any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Contracts (rights of third parties) act 1999 Nothing in this agreement is intended to confer rights to any person or company not party to it and the provisions of the contracts (rights of third parties) act 1999 are hereby expressly excluded.
- Governing law and jurisdiction This legal notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with english law. Disputes arising in connection with this legal notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the english courts. [issue date: 25th april 2007]
Terms and conditions of British Boxers with customers
The service British Boxers.co.uk listing service and product or company feature including web design service (the “services”) are owned and operated British Boxers and appear on the site.
Enhanced and priority listings allow you to appear above the basic listings given matching search criteria in a list of search results in response to a search made by a user of the site.
All information necessary to complete a British Boxers.co.uk listing, should be delivered within 14 days of request.
By entering your details in the appropriate fields on the site and agreeing to make or making payment on the site, you accept these terms and conditions in respect of your chosen service.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to add, delete or change some or all of the services offered by British Boxers.co.uk, including all or any aspect of the site at any time without notice to you.
British Boxers.co.uk accepts payment by cheque (payable to: British Boxers), mastercard, visa, delta or maestro, bankers order or other monetary instrument specifically agreed by British Boxers —although we reserve the right to decline payment in any of these forms without notice to you. British Boxers.co.uk reserves the right to vary its prices without notice to you, and to withdraw any payment methods at any time.
By signing the British Boxers.co.uk order form you are committed to payment in full on production of the order and accept these terms and conditions in respect of your chosen service. 95% of the charges are a non–refundable production cost.
The listings and spotlight pages shall be eligible for renewal precisely twelve months from the date of purchase. The “date of purchase” is the commencement date on your first invoice. You will receive notification of renewal two months prior to your renewal date. If you do not wish to renew your product you must submit a written notice at least thirty days before the renewal date.
If you should at any time fail to make timely payment in full, British Boxers is entitled to charge interest on the amounts due with an interest rate of 3% per annum over the bank of england base rate.
Payment is required in full on completion of all orders. Any leniency by British Boxers, with respect to this payment, is entirely at its discretion.
Traders ads will be added to the British Boxers.co.uk website when full payment is received. Ads will be live within fourteen (14) days
- · Invoice Payment shall be made no later than fourteen (10) days from the invoice date.
- · Business cheque Cheques made payable to Knockout Media
- · Paypal Online payment with paypal, using your card
Exclusions and limitations of liability
We use our reasonable skill and care in operating the site and in providing the services. However, we make no representation and exclude any warranty, express or implied, as to the availability, quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness of the site or the services. The site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and we do not warrant that you or any users will be able to access the site at all times or that it will be absolutely secure, uninterrupted or free from infection and viruses. We will not be responsible for your failure to provide services as a result of your inclusion on the site, for errors that relate to the provision of your services, or for technical problems that may hinder the efficacy of the site.
Except in the event of death or personal injury caused by our negligent acts or omissions, we shall not be liable in any way for any damages arising in contract, tort or otherwise in respect of loss or damage arising out of or in connection with this contract or operation of, or your use of the site and/or the services. In no event will we be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages in contract or tort, including loss of profit, loss or damage to property or relating to claims made by third parties. You should not take any step or act based on your ownership of the domain name until you have received legal confirmation from the relevant registry body that you are the registered owner of that domain name.
British Boxers.co.uk does not guarantee that it will be able to secure ip addresses, ip ranges or domain names on your behalf and acceptance by British Boxers.co.uk of your order form shall not give rise to any such warranty in respect of the details appearing on the order form. British Boxers.co.uk is not notified as to whether or not attempts to secure addresses, ranges or domain names have been successful and it is your responsibility to establish whether or not they have been so secured. No warranty is given that once secured you will be permitted to retain such addresses, ranges or domain names. If British Boxers.co.uk is unable to register the domain name you want, British Boxers.co.uk will seek to secure an alternative name of your choosing. If the alternative name cannot be secured, British Boxers.co.uk will, upon receipt of your written request, repay to you all charges payable by you as relate to registration of the domain name. No repayment will be given in circumstances where the domain name is British Boxers.co.uk* control.
If another customer offering similar services to you has already registered an enhanced or priority listing prior to your registration, British Boxers.co.uk can guarantee only that your entry will appear above the basic listings, which appear free of charge on the site.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless for all liability, claims, damages and costs, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of or in connection with a breach of your obligations, representations and warranties in respect of information provided by you in connection with the services as provided in this agreement.
Term and termination
The products are provided for an initial period of 12 months from the commencement date on your invoice. Upon renewal this agreement will continue for an additional 12 months period. If you cancel any of the services other than at the end of a 12–month period, British Boxers.co.uk will not refund any payments made in respect of the remainder of the period. You may, by at least 30 days advance notice to British Boxers.co.uk choose not to renew this agreement upon the 12 month renewal date. You may otherwise only terminate this agreement in accordance with clause 2.5.
British Boxers.co.uk may terminate this agreement with you immediately and at any time without notice but, if you demonstrate that British Boxers.co.uk has terminated without any breach by you of your obligations, British Boxers.co.uk will refund to you a sum representing the part of the services attributable to the un–expired period to the next renewal date of your contract. In addition, British Boxers.co.uk may, by at least 30 days notice to you in advance, choose not to renew this agreement at an anniversary.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law.
The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall (subject to the paragraph below) have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute, which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these terms and conditions. For our exclusive benefit, we shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts of the country of your residence or, where these terms are entered into in the course of your trade or profession, the country of your principal place of business.
Copyright © 2008, traders pages. All rights reserved.