|Who’s hand will be raised on fight night, Steve Goodwin with Ryan Barrett (left) and Mark Alexander (right)|
Ryan Barrett is currently at a two week training camp in Spain to prepare for his International Masters Lightweight bout with Mark Alexander on September 11th at York Hall.
Speaking about the fight and Alexander’s chances against him, Barrett is forthright in his views on what will happen.
|No respect from Alexander|
“Alexander has disrespected me but when I look into his eyes I see fear and I know he is scared. His nickname is “The flash”. The only thing flash about him on the night will be the way his jelly legs move when I knock him down.” he said.
“He is not in my class and this will be shown on the night. He is scared of me and will try to run away all night but I will track him down and knock him out in the middle to late rounds.
He is 34 now and this will be his last fight. He will have nightmares about Ryan Barrett after I end his career. He will end up humiliated on the night.I will make him pay for his behaviour.” added Barrett.
The Barrett-Alexander fight is dual main event with the Pat McAleese-Lee Noble British Masters title fight on a mammoth 12 fight bill.
The bill also features top cruiserweight prospect Tony Conquest against Hastings Rasani, John Wayne Hibbert(6-0), hard hitting Eric “The Eagle” Ochieng (right) (4-0) – exciting light-middleweight Michael Norgrove (2-0) amongst many others.
Last word to Barrett “Alexander is coming to get destroyed. I have been in with the likes of Amir Khan, Alexander is a nobody and will leave the arena a nobody.”
- Unbeaten Light Middleweight prospect Pat McAleese will face the ultra tough Lee Noble is a rematch. They drew on a Hattons promotions show earlier in 2010 and both want to set the record straight. Expect fireworks as both boxers compete to win their first title The British Masters Light Middleweight title.
- Top Cruiserweight prospect Tony “The Conqueror” Conquest in a 6 round contest against Hastings Rasani who provides a tough test for everyone.
- Unbeaten Welterweight John Wayne Hibbert who has 6 wins from 6 fights fights over 6 rounds and is aiming to be explosive. Wayne takes on Kevin McAuley who has won 2 from his last 3 fights and will provide Wayne with his sternest test to date.
- “The Golden Girl” Marianne Marston (Joe Frazier’s prodigy) making her professional debut.
- Another of the top Light Middleweight prospects in the country Michael Norgrove on his upward curve. Michael takes on Ian Eldridge from Finchley who is very capable and will prove a stern test for Michael.
- Exciting Light Welterweight debutant Jamie Arlain from Bethnal Green looks to explode on the professional scene with an army of loyal followers supporting him. Bulgarian Danny Dontchev will provide the opposition.
- One of the UK’s most exciting Middleweights, the hard punching Eric Ochieng (above) from Hackney takes on Birmingham’s experienced Dee Mitchell.
- From Portsmouth Light Heavyweight Joel McIntyre is aiming to be explosive on his professional debut.
- Exciting prospect Phil Gill aka “The Phil Gill Experience” (right) is undefeated in 6 fights and this action packed boxer is ready to rumble.
- 19 year old George Jupp is one of Britain’s most exciting Featherweight prospects. He has his second career start against Pavels Senkovs.
- Welterweight Bobby Gladman has 6 wins from 6 contests. He will face his toughest task to date.
- Super Middleweight Eder Kurti has won his last 6 fights and is looking to maintain his winning streak against Sabie Monteith.
Tickets for this exciting night of boxing can be obtained from www.goodwinpromotions.co.uk or by calling the office on 01525-851150