WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has now released another video tonight saying a fight with Oleksandr Usyk is ‘a worker’ for April 29th at Wembley Stadium.
Fury says he will begin his training camp from tomorrow after further progress was made towards an undisputed showdown with the Ukrainian.
“Hi guys. As fun as it’s been over the last few days terrorising Usyk and his team, tomorrow I’m going to knuckle down into training camp and I’ll be doing a blackout as I always do on my social media”, Fury said.
“April 29th is definitely a worker [for the Usyk fight], I will see you all on the night. Tune in, be there or be square.
“This is the biggest event in British boxing history, the fight of the century [between] two undefeated heavyweight champions throwing down to see who is the number one in the division with the undisputed heavyweight championship on the line.
“Good training to Usyk, may the best man win.”
The message comes as the latest speed bump in a turbulent week of negotiations as the journey to crowning boxing’s first undisputed heavyweight champion in over two decades seems to grow closer.
Fury threw a spanner in the works last week demanding 70% of the purse split only for Usyk to duly oblige on Friday, only asking that the Morecambe man donate £1 million to the people of Ukraine.
With steady progress appearing to be made, Fury then released another video on Monday asking for the rematch clause to be removed from the contract.
Usyk responded with a video of his own, saying Fury’s team insisted on the clause’s insertion in the first place.
The Ukrainian currently holds the WBO, WBA and IBF heavyweight titles following consecutive victories over Britain’s Anthony Joshua in his last two fights.
Fury meanwhile holds the WBC crown following a 2020 victory over American Deontay Wilder.
Featured image: Lawrence Lustig/BOXXER.