Eddie Hearn has poured water on Tyson Fury‘s claim that he has sent Anthony Joshua a draft contract offer for a fight in September.
Hearn has however confirmed that George Warren of Queensberry Promotions has reached out to him to restart talks, via iFL TV.
Fury claimed to have sent a draft offer to Team Joshua via social media on Friday: “A few days ago I sent a draft contract to Anthony Joshua for a fight in September at Wembley Stadium its a fight that everyone wants to see including myself.
“Come of AJ let’s give the world what they want to see. This time im not gonna make a million vids & keep putting the pressure on. the ball is now on your side.”
The pair were in talks for a potential showdown in December of last year before negotiations collapsed.
Fury went on to dominate Dereck Chisora for a third time at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in defence of his WBC heavyweight title.
Joshua rebounded from his consecutive losses to Oleksandr Usyk with a twelve-round unanimous decision win over Jermaine Franklin in April.
“We’ve been sent no contract for a fight in September”, Hearn said. “On Tuesday or Wednesday, George Warren sent me an email asking if we’d be interested for a fight in September.
“I rang George immediately and said ‘listen, we’re planning our August fight and we’re also in negotiations for the fight in December [against Deontay Wilder]. If we can’t get that model moving, we’d be more than happy to look for a Tyson Fury fight.”
Hearn also says Joshua is sceptical of Fury’s latest offer and is instead focusing on a potential fight on August 12th, potentially with old rival Dillian Whyte.
Fury had also told Australian outlets that heavyweight Demsey McKean was a frontrunner for a fight in the country.
Jai Opetaia‘s manager Mick Francis also told the Sydney Morning Herald that they are in talks for the IBF cruiserweight champion to face WBC heavyweight ruler Fury.
Watch the full interview with Hearn on iFL TV’s YouTube channel here.
Featured image: Mark Robinson/Matchroom Boxing.