However, the WBC has told Sky Sports that the winner of the trilogy between former champion Wilder and current Champion Fury, must face Whyte immediately following the bout.
Speaking to Sky Sports, Sulaiman revealed: “The WBC has reviewed every single weight category, considering the pandemic.
“We have had the flexibility with our champions and the WBC has approved Fury to fight by the end of the year, if it’s announced that it might be December 19, and the winner must make the mandatory defence early next year.
“When the [Fury-Wilder] fight takes place, we will order the pre-negotiations, so it’s a process that the promoters negotiate the fight and a date.
“It makes no sense to speculate on a date, but it’s going to be early next year when they are able to negotiate, or it goes to a purse bid.”
Whyte, the interim WBC champion, first must come through a significant test on August 22nd when he takes on Alexander Povetkin from Matchroom Fight Camp.
Commenting on that bout, Whyte previously told BBTV: “It’s two men with very similar mindsets, two warriors that are scared to fight no one. He is not like Andy Ruiz or Luiz Ortiz – Povetkin is serious and he wants to fight.”
“I just want to fight the fight the top guys, anyone in any order, I just want to get in there and fight the top guys.”