DeGale batters Kobal in preparation for Groves
After the fight DeGale urged George Groves to sign on the dotted line for the British super-middleweight title fight, vowing to knock out his rival in the fourth round as a much-anticipated grudge match between the pair edged closer to reality.
As far as the fans are concerned we thought and were told that this fight had already been signed for and only a confirmed date needed finalising.
The British Board of Boxing Control had pencilled in the fight for April 9 at London’s Olympia, but is more likely to be brought back, giving both more time to prepare for the clash.
“My team are doing everything in their power to get it on, I’m just waiting for them to sign the contract,” DeGale told Sky Sports. “I’m ready for it, I’m just waiting for the call from my promoter. I’m ready to knock Ugly Kid out.” DeGale told SkySports afterwards.
“Fans want it, so it’s only right for him to get knocked out. Let’s get it on. I’m just waiting for the call. I just want them to sign the contract. Let’s do this Ugly Boy. I’m coming for you – you’re next.”
Later on Facebook Groves hit back at DeGale sarcastically stating, “Someone from James Degale’s team should tell him that the contracts are SIGNED and LODGED with the BBBoC from the Purse Bids…” to be continued……
Craig Evans beat Sid Razak on points 40-36